Students taking BA degrees with English Language or TESOL can go on a year or semester abroad.
Video of Sophie discussing her experiences studying in San Diego, USA.
Semester abroad options
Students can take the second semester of the second year at another university. Whilst abroad you will study at another university and need to take modules from an approved list as these marks will count towards your final degree result. Some of the countries/ universities that you can go to include:
- Hong Kong:
- Lingnan University,
- City University (tbc) or
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- China: United International College
- Singapore: Nanyang Technological University
- University of Maryland Baltimore County,
- Oklahoma University
- California State (up to 23 different campuses)
Year abroad options
If you choose to take a year abroad then this is in addition to your three years at Swansea and takes place between the second and third year. Options include the following list but we regularly add new destinations.
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- Concordia University
- Brock University
- Trent University
- France: Rennes
- Germany: Bonn
We will also have a number of places at:
- USA: California State system (apply to one of 23 campuses across the state)
- USA: Oklahoma and Maryland
- China/ Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Students taking joint degrees with modern languages need to spend a year abroad in a country where the target language is spoken to fulfill the modern language requirement of that degree programme.